Action - WebRequest
The Webrequest is the primary type of action that is used in the application.
Web requests can be created in one of two ways:
- From scratch
- This requires the user to manually create the request by entering uri, headers, content, etc.
- This approach is generally not recommended.
- Import From Fiddler2
- Requests recorded using Fiddler2 can be saved to a session archive and imported into WebPALTT - Scenario Builder.
- To record using fiddler, simply navigate to the websites using a browser while fiddler is running (for more information see the fiddler2 website).
- Once recorded the requests can be saved to an archive (highlight request > right click > Save > Selected Sessions > in Zip Archive)
- To import these archives to the scenario builder, select from the menu bar Scenario > New Node > WebRequest > Import, and select the session archive.
- Name: Used to identify the action
- Action Type: Always returns ActionType.WebRequest (enum)
- Uri: The Uri to send the request
- Method: The Http method of the request (e.g. GET, POST, etc.)
- Http Version: The Http protocol version (only 1.0 and 1.1 are supported)
- Headers: List of headers for the request (currently read-only)
- Content: The content of the request (only if method is POST)